This event is now over
Project Management Institute
Pune Deccan-India Chapter
Making project management indispensable for business results. ®
Invitation for the 98th Monthly Seminar
PMI Pune Deccan-India Chapter is pleased to invite you for interesting and thought provoking seminars on:
Venue: Pune Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium, 193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall, Pune 411030
v Nara to Narayan – Prof. Usha Khire, Trustee, Jnana Prabodhini Samshodhan Sanstha
v How best to conduct Performance Management Discussions – Priya Nambudiri, Senior HR Manager, Calsoft Inc
Speaker 1: Prof. Usha Khire, Trustee, Jnana Prabodhini Samshodhan Sanstha
Prof. Dr. Usha Khire has a Ph.D. in Psychology and is Fulbright Senior Research Fellow, 1990. She’s taught at Graduate and Post Graduate level. Guide for Ph.D. and M.Phil. She has directed and headed Jnana Prabodhini’s Institute of Psychology for a long time, contributed to its growth reaching to the present status of national and international recognition.
She’s the Project Director and main pillar of construction of 120 tests based on Guilford’s concept of Structure-of-Intellect and the computerized Aptitude Test Battery. She was the invited speaker in International Conferences abroad and in the country, on Education of the Gifted, Enhancing Creativity, and Indian concept of Intelligence.
She organized and directed National Seminar on IQ controversy. She has been Secretary, Jnana Prabodhini Samshodhan Sanshta (1986-2008), Advisor to national and state level committees in different educational organizations and universities.
She’s the President Marathi Manas-Shastra Parishad (1994-1996), National supervisory psychologist - Mensa India - a branch of International organization working for intellectually superior (till 2012) and has 20 research papers and 3 books to her credit.
Topic 1: From Nara to Narayan
Human beings have potential for self-development. It proceeds through man environment interaction and starts from within. Lives of great persons and creative leaders often are characterized by this kind of inner force for self-actualization. They show how the higher level needs drive them towards higher goal right from childhood and early adulthood. Such development is multidimensional and well integrated in which distinction between ‘self’ and ‘not-self’ is vanished. The humanistic theories by Western and Indian thinkers like Abraham Maslow, Kazimirz Dabrowski and Saint Samarth Ramdas throw light on this process, from ‘Nara’ to ‘Narayana’, a journey of human being born with ‘animal instincts’ evoluting for actualization of ‘divinity’. A simple model to be on this path is proposed.
Speaker 2: Priya Nambudiri, Senior HR Manager, Calsoft Inc
Krishna Priya has around sixteen years of experience in HR leadership and consulting roles in various industries across India, Malaysia and Singapore. She is currently working with small and medium size enterprises across IT (products and services), manufacturing, financial services, retail and other verticals as an advisor on organizational effectiveness matters ranging from talent management strategy, organizational development interventions and overall policies & processes.
Topic 2: How best to conduct Performance Management Discussions
The topic " How best to conduct Performance Management Discussions" is aimed to provide a practical approach to setting performance expectations, providing feedback and dealing with challenging situations encountered in this process.
Monthly seminar is FREE FOR ALL / NO Entry FEE; one does not have to be Pune Chapter member to attend this seminar.
1. Please share this information with other interested acquaintances / your friends, they need not have to be Pune Deccan Chapter member
2. Practicing PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar
3. Non paid members may subscribe to On Target Newsletter by paying marginal amount of INR 100/- annually. All payments must be paid in advance. Checks payable to: "PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter", Payable at: Pune, India. You may bring the check on seminar day and handover to Sangeeta Zaparde (Finance Director), Shyam Bhavsar (Marketing & Communications Director) OR Himanshu Warudkar (Programs Director). Please write your Name, email ID & Date of Subscription backside of the check.
To subscribe to PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter yahoo group:
1. Visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/pmi-pune-chapter and click on - Join this group! button.
2. Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information: Name, Personal Email, Home Phone, Mobile No, Company Name, Work Email, Work Phone, Designation, PMI Member (paid $119)? Pune Chapter Member (paid $10)?
3. Chapter website: www.pmipunechapter. org
Contact Jaya/ Anuradha - email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
November 24, 2012
10:15 am to 12:45 pm
Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium,
193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall